Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Hadley's first day of 1st Grade

First of all, I just want to make it clear that you cannot have enough pictures of the first day of school. I am really struggling with this new chapter of life. 1st grade, really? Not only am I not old enough to have a first grader, but I am not ready to have her gone all day. This is huge, she is now going to be gone all day forever. I sure wish I would have treasured our time together a little more because now I will not have as much time with her. I kept telling her that it was okay if she didn't want to go. She is the youngest in the class anyway, she could repeat Kindergarten. But she was determined and really didn't care at all about leaving me all day. In fact she would have been fine walking herself and not even having me there. As much as I am proud of her confidence, all I wanted was just a little hint that she needed me. Well, that wasn't going to happen. Even after school I said to her, "tell me the truth, and it is okay to tell me....did you miss me?" She gave me a blank stare, so again I asked "did you miss me?" She finally said, "well yeah mom but I was fine." She is so independent. I am so proud of her. She really can do anything. I am glad that she feels like she can do things without me, but it is really hard to let go. I still need her!! I held it together pretty well though, while we were at the school anyway. There was at least one tear but I quickly bucked up and saved it until I got home. Then the flood gates opened and it was one of the longest days of my life. School lasts a long time! Thank goodness for off track time. I think that is the only thing getting me through this. It will be an interesting year with her learning Chinese, I do fear at times that we signed up for more than we bargained for. After leaving orientation, I was feeling really thankful that it was her and not me. Then I realized, we are kind of in this together and really started wondering if we made the right choice. Chinese is a hard language. But I do think it will be good for everyone involved in the long run. We love you Hadley and are so very proud of the sweet girl you have become. Please don't forget about your mother!!

Beautiful

Gotta get the side view

Cambria, Hadley, and Maddy

Ready for 1st grade

Hadley and Ryan
These 2 cute girls have been in the same class since they were 3. This is the first year they are not together and they never will be again, through elementary anyway cause Ryan is not in the Chinese program. I am kind of sad! We love Ryan. I have pictures of these two from preschool, now they are both toothless and starting 1st grade. They are beautiful! I hope they continue their friendship.

0 comments: