Hadley has been asking since last year to take the training wheels of her bike. I wasn't about to teach her to ride her bike last year in the blazing heat and pregnant. Tyler was gone to school all the time and we seemed to be busy on the weekends. So this year, dad is again gone all the time and Hadley is sick of being told no since all her friends have taken their training wheels off. I did not have the excuse of being pregnant (thank goodness!) so it was all up to me. I have to admit, I was dreading it. Isn't this a dad's job anyway? But I got over myself and went out to do the daunting task. We went up and down the sidewalk a few times with me hanging on to the back and giving her all the necessary advise. Then Tyler called so I took a break and was giving him the low down on how it all was going. Well in the mean time Hadley had had it with me and she decided to give it a try herself. I know what you are thinking, disastrous right? Wrong! She just took off and started riding. It was amazing! I didn't even have to do anything. She had no problem balancing, just stopping she has now ruined the tops of her shoes. I was so proud of her, and so relieved that it was so easy. I guess there is something to be said about waiting a year longer than you should! She still needs practice but she can hold her own with her friends and even rode her bike to school the other day with a friend. She thought she was so cool, it was cute...and very nerve racking for me since they went to school from her friends house and not ours. It is so hard to let go and let your kids be kids. I was stressing the whole time until school started. Nice job Hadley, we are so proud of you!
0 comments:
Post a Comment