Thursday, July 7, 2011

4th of July

I cannot believe the 4th of July has come and gone. As usual, we went up to Bear Lake to enjoy the holiday. And enjoy it we did! We went to the pool, hung out at the lake, roasted marshmallows and hot dogs, ate smores, played at the cabin, went on Rhino rides, did sparklers and pop-its, then on the 4th we went to none other than the Paris Idaho parade. The kids love that parade cause they get a ton of candy. Then we went home and struggled with the idea of fighting the crowds to see fireworks. Our neighbors behind us invited us to watch the fireworks they bought. The kids enjoyed it even though we lit them before it got dark cause we all wanted to get the kids to bed. We came in from that, got the kids ready for bed and the booms started. So we went outside in the back yard and let the kids watch the fireworks for a minute, then we put them to bed. I came upstairs and looked out the front door and there were fireworks everywhere. I felt guilty so I went and got the kids out of bed and we watched an amazing firework show right from our front porch. I sure am glad we decided not to fight the crowds, with the new firework laws this year, I thought our show was just as good as any and the kids didn't know the difference. It was great! Now we are all trying to recover from all the fun and late nights we had.


































1 comments:

Annalee said...

Um....Haddie had a growth spurt I swear! She is sooo tall!!! Cute girls!