Tuesday, August 26, 2008






So yesterday was parent observation day at Hadley's dance class. I was so excited to go and watch her dance, and she was just as excited to have me there. She was so proud of herself and wanted to make sure I was watching her every move. It was pretty much the same with all the kids there. They were so cute. Well about half way through the class they were doing leaps across the floor and Hadley totally fell flat on her butt. It was the saddest thing ever. She was completely mortified. She started crying and ran over to me, sat on my lap for a minute still crying, then passed out!!! She went completely limp and lifeless, her eyes rolled in the back of her head and she was turning blue. Needless to say I freaked out and yelled for someone to help me. I don't know what I wanted them to do, but I was hysterical. Thank goodness Jenn was there because somehow she helped me through it. Hadley finally started to breath after what felt like several minutes but was actually seconds...I think. At that point I was a wreck, crying and shaking. It's amazing all the thoughts that can go through your head in a matter of seconds. Obviously we were pretty much done after that. There was no way Hadley was going out there to actually do the dance, so she just watched the rest of the class. Poor Taylor didn't do much either because she was so concerned about Hadley. I felt terrible that we had made such a scene. Brittani, her dance teacher was awesome. I'm sure she had never experienced that before and I felt bad because she was so scared and didn't know what to do. But she handled it well and was very sweet and even called to check up on Hadley. Life is so precious and you never know what will happen. I am so thankful for my sweet little Hadley, I don't know what I'd do without her. I am thankful for our Heavenly Father because I know He was watching over her and helping us all through that experience. Give your kids an extra hug and kiss today and maybe even play house with them if they ask! They won't be little forever and you never know how long we will be here. Here is a short little video of Hadley before the incident.

2 comments:

RyanandHailee said...

I have to say that you seriously brougth tears to my eyes! Jenn told me what happened that day and I was so freaked out! So scary! Give her a big kiss for me!

Lindsey said...

Thats scary!! I definitely would have freaked out! So did it just scare her, or did she pass out because it hurt?? Poor girl...