This past weekend we went to the cabin to do some sledding! It was a lot of fun. What a great way to spend Valentines day. The kids loved it. Lexi was a big fan. She did not want to stop, she was so cute. Hadley of course loved it too, but I think she loved riding on the rhino a bit more. She loves going on rides with Grandpa Carlson. It was so nice to get away for a couple of days. We were definitely in need of some family time.
I have to write about my little traumatic experience today.....I left my diaper bag with my wallet and my camera in it at Walmart today. I am such an idiot! I was putting the groceries in the back of my car and thought about putting the diaper bag back there too but decided I would keep it with me. I went to take the cart back where it goes and Lexi starting laughing really hard. It was the cutest thing ever. So I was all wrapped up in her, kissing her and telling her how cute she was and I left the diaper bag in the cart!!! Then I went to pick Hadley up from dance. I got there about 15 minutes early, so I was there for a while, then we went home. As soon as I pulled in my garage I realized what I had done. I knew exactly where I had left it. Just to be sure, I got out and checked the back of the car.....not there. I felt sick. I immediately back out of the drive way and started driving. There was a truck on the corner turning onto my street. I waved to say sorry for my craziness and the guy kind of starred at me. I wasn't sure if he was mad or what but for one split second I though that by some miracle maybe he was coming to bring me my diaper bag. That thought left as quickly as it came, I mean what are the chances and I was so upset I ignored the thought and kept driving. I drove as fast as I could back to Walmart, ran inside...with the kids, I would not leave them in the car and the guy at the counter told me they hadn't seen it. So I went over to the bank and put a hold on my accounts. I was desperately trying to hold back the tears and praying that there were still good people left in this world. As I was walking to my car I remembered that my social security card was in my wallet....it's not anymore. I could feel the tears coming and I was so afraid to tell Tyler. I'm sure anyone watching me thought I was crazy. As I was getting the kids in the car I heard someone yell my name. Sure enough, it was the guy in the truck that was pulling onto my street. He asked me if I was looking for a diaper bag and I instantly started to cry. He said he only opened my wallet to get my address so he could take it to my house and when he saw me leaving he figured I was going back to Walmart, so he came back and waited for me to come to my car. He probably thought I was crazy because I couldn't stop my tears. I thanked him a million times and he said he was sorry I had such a traumatic experience. Amazing! What a nice guy. I wish I would have at least asked him his name but I was so taken back I wasn't thinking. I know it was an answer to my prayers. My testimony has definitely grown just from that experience. I know our Heavenly Father hears and answers our prayers and I am so thankful for that guy and for all those like him. I wish I was more in tune with the spirit and listened to the still small voice that told me he was coming to bring the diaper bag back to me. But he still went out of his way to find me because he knew I was having a panic attack. I will now try even harder to be a better person.







4 comments:
What an awesome (and traumatic) experience! See - - there really are good people in the world still!!
Seriously that is the worst feeling in the whole world! I am so sorry! That happened to me at walmart last christmas time so I hundreds of dollars in cash in my wallet and same thing a guy waited in his car until I came back and saw me running into Walmart with tears and he ran after me!! What honest people... It really makes you feel so blessed! So glad you got it back! Cute pics too! We really missed everyone this year. O well next year we will be there for sure!
What a crazy experience! You are so blessed that he went out of his way to help you - it's great to know there are people like that in the world.
Your family is so cute, by the way! I'm glad I can keep in touch with you on your blog now!
I have done this so many times it makes me sick. I swear I leave my purse everywhere. I really should glue it to me or something. It makes it even harder to remember things when you have kids to attend to. I am so glad that there is still some really nice people out there. I love the pics. I want you to send me the one you got of TJ with your glasses on. Thanks for the fun Temple day.
Post a Comment