Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hadley's First Day Of Kindergarten!

My baby Hadley has started Kindergarten! I always tell her she is my baby and she gets mad at me. I told her it doesn't matter how old she gets, she will always be my baby. She was so excited to start school. She couldn't wait to go to bed the night before and she wanted to have lunch super early because she thought that would make it come faster. I tried all day to talk her out of going. I told her it was okay if she wanted to stay home because I would miss her. She responded with " it's okay Mom, you'll be fine I will be home in time for dinner." She is so cute! I was so proud of her. She was so big and just couldn't wait to get there. She looked a little nervous a couple of times but she was very brave and excited to be there.....Then there was me. Seriously, I am the biggest baby. I try to blame it on the pregnancy but honestly my reaction probably would have been the same pregnant or not. I cried when she moved up to Primary! So I was already fighting back the tears before we even got into the class room. We helped them find their name tag and they drew a picture of themselves and hung it up. Then it was story time. I think the book was called the Kissing Heart, it was a real tear jerker! The mommy raccoon gives the little raccoon a special kissing heart to take with him to school so he won't be sad. Then at the end of the story one by one, the kids got up and took a heart to their moms or dads and said I love you and goodbye. It was horrible! It took all I had not to let Hadley see me cry. I was a wreck the second I turned for the door. I felt like such an idiot, I couldn't wait to get to my car and throw myself a pity party. I know it's a good thing and they have to grow up, but does it have to happen so fast? I swear she was born yesterday. Kindergarten is a huge step! Our lives will never be the same. I know she is ready and I am so proud of her. I am so thankful that I get to watch her grow and learn and discover new things every day. That is just one of the many great rewards of being a mom. I love her so much, she has blessed my life in so many ways. I just hope she knows how much I love her and that I will always be her number one fan. She is such an amazing little girl and I am excited for this new adventure in her life.


My cute Kindergartener all ready for school!

Lexi had to have her picture taken too!
She is still real jealous that her sister gets to
go to school and she has to wait until September!


Hadley and Ryan on their first day!


Hadley coloring her picture!


Hadley got a crown and a treat for having a July birthday!
She was so excited about it. She had a great first day!

1 comments:

Douglas, Anita, Gracie, & Marley said...

So cute! I can't believe our little girls are growing up so fast. That "Kissing Hand" book and "A pocket full of kisses" always make me cry! You are not a lone:)