We finished up our swimming lessons last week. I am so proud of both my girls. They have come so far. Lexi was always very afraid of getting her eyes wet, which meant she hated jumping in the pool and off the diving board. I guess her dad had a couple of talks with her that I didn't know about and on her last day she jumped right in the pool with a big smile on her face and even jumped off the diving board by herself twice, smiling the whole time. She was so excited about it, I think she was even more excited that her daddy was there to watch. We were definitely proud parents, it was a great day. I cannot believe how proud of her I was, she is getting so big and brave. It's kind of bitter sweet. Now she thinks she is big time and all she wants to do is jump in the pool by herself and get her eyes wet. It is actually kind of funny because sometimes it literally takes her 10 minutes to jump in. She stands there saying "I'm going to do it by myself.....I'm going to get my eyes wet.....here I go.....123 go" and she gets so excited she tenses up and shakes. It is so funny, but after a while you seriously just want her to jump in already!
Then there's my Haddy. She has always loved the water. She was so excited to take swimming lessons. She was very receptive to everything that was taught. She loved jumping off the diving board from day 1, she always tried to be the first in line. Now she thinks she is really cool because she does not have to have floaties on in Grandma and Grandpa's pool. She can touch the bottom on her toes but we always made her wear them until now. She loves diving for things and is now even doing flips under the water. I am so proud of her. I love seeing the confidence she has. It is so fun to watch these girls grow and discover new things. I forgot my camera the last day of their lessons and I was real bummed about it so I don't have any pictures of the proud moments. I wasn't smart enough to realize that I could have taken pictures on my phone either. But here are a few more I took before they ended.
Lexi waiting patiently for her lessons to start
Monday, July 26, 2010
Finishing Up Swimming Lessons
in.....until the last day!
Posted by Tyler and Kortni at 9:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







0 comments:
Post a Comment