Monday, May 25, 2009

Thomas The Train

Hadley had been asking to go on Thomas The Train since we took her on the Polar Express in December. All these little activities can get pretty pricey so I told her she had to earn her own money to go. She earned the last dollar she needed right before we left. It was just going to be a daddy daughter thing because I didn't want to have to buy another ticket but when it got closer I felt bad that Lexi wasn't going and decided since she was free and I only needed one more ticket than I should go too. I was wondering if it was all really worth it so I asked Hadley on the way home if she had fun. She said yes and that she wanted to go again. I told her I was glad she liked it and she said "don't worry mom, I LOVED it." That made it all worth it. The kids had a great time and it was fun to get out and do something together with just our little family. It was also Hadley's last day of preschool for the year. I can't believe summer is here again and my little girl is not so little anymore. It seems like yesterday I dropped her off for her first day and left crying because she just left without looking back. I am so proud of her. She is getting so big and so smart. I cannot believe how fast time goes by. Before I know it she will be in Kindergarten. I will really be crying then! Anyway, after Thomas it was off to the cabin for a nice little getaway. We didn't do much, it was cold and rainy but it was nice to escape reality for a while.


This is Hadley and Lexi enjoying the ride to and from the cabin (Lexi was exhausted from all the fun)




The girls were yelling "hi" to the horses we passed on the train



Our Little Family











my cute girls


2 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

How fun! I love that picture of both of them yelling out the side of the train. And I love that you had her earn her way there.

RyanandHailee said...

Cute Pics! Love them! What a fun adventure!