Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Baby's Off to School




I just dropped Hadley off for her first day of Preschool and I am such a baby! I have been excited for this for a long time, looking forward to having a little bit of a break in the day while she is gone and I'm sure I will eventually enjoy it but I am having the hardest time today. I have been so emotional all morning, thinking of how fast this little girl has grown. I have been going through all her old pictures the last couple of days and I just can't believe how big she has gotten. She was so excited to go, it had been such a long morning for her. She gave me a kiss, got out of the car and didn't even look back! I instantly started to cry. There goes my baby, off to school. She thinks she is so big....she is so big I guess.Where did the time go? I don't know if I am having such a hard time because I'm leaving tomorrow for a couple of days or what, it's just preschool it shouldn't be that big of a deal, but it is to me. Anyway, I know I'm an idiot but I just needed to cry about it for a minute. So these pictures are of her right before she left. You might be wondering why she is not wearing the same thing in all of them.....well I bought this way cute shirt for Hadley about a month ago and was so excited because it went perfect with these jeans. It is black...that pretty much says it all. If you know Hadley you know that black is a boy color and she won't wear it! It has a cute pink heart on it so I thought I could get away with it, and she wears black tights to dance now, but she was having nothing to do with this shirt. I got it on long enough to take a picture and that was it. She cried to take it off and said she didn't want to go to school so I decided it wasn't worth it and wanted her to feel comfortable in what she was wearing, especially on the first day of school.

3 comments:

Brigham and Kristi said...

Oh my gosh! She is so big, I can't believe it. She looks so cute in her school clothes. I just love her.

Teej and Jenn said...

Hadley looks like so grown up in these pictures. It is hard to believe that her and Taylor and only 5 weeks apart. Don't worry I am sure I will bawl my eyes out when Tay goes to school.

RyanandHailee said...

What a big girl!! She looks adorable! I really can't believe she in preschool, I remember when i started perschool... WOW We just love her what a cutie :)