Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Brae is 9 months!!

 Oh my goodness! I have no words for how much we love this chubby little baby!! She is such a mischievous little sweetheart. She has so much of her big sister Lexi in her it is scary. Not only does she look like her but she acts a lot like her too. It seriously is crazy. Brae is such a lover and is so sweet, then without warning, she will gouge your face off just like Lexi used to. (and lets be honest, still does, except maybe not the gouging anymore)
She is crawling all over the place! She has been trying for a while now but she decided to master it the day she turned 9 months. It is amazing to see all the new things she decides to try every day. She can now climb up and hold on to things. Like the bath tub, I was cleaning it yesterday and she climbed up and was standing right by me walking back and forth holding on to the tub. A week ago her balance was no where near good enough to do that. She is definitely determined. She absolutely LOVES her Hadley. They are best friends. Hadley doesn't bug her and just tries to give her whatever she wants. She loves feeling like she is part of the crowd when Hadley plays house with her. Lexi on the other hand is not so much her favorite. Let's just say maybe they are too much a like to get along well. Lexi does bug her though, she's just buggy by nature. And when she does love her she cannot for the life of her be soft. She nearly chokes her and sucks her face off. No joke. Plus I think there is a little bit of jealousy still going on there along with middle child syndrome. Besides Hadley, another one of Brae's favorite things is food. Any kind for the most part. She does not discriminate! Although she does not like eggs. She did the first couple times I gave them to her, but now she thinks they are poison. She is such a smiley little girl. Although by most pictures you wouldn't know it. She knows when you are going to pull out the camera and sometimes I wonder if it is physically impossible for her to smile at it. She is so cute, I just want to eat her up! She loves to smile at her dad especially, like the biggest smile you've ever seen. She will just stare at him and keep smiling until he notices her and she does it over and over. She babbles all the time and is getting very loud . Her new thing is talking to you like you are having a conversation. Whenever I talking to the girls or they are talking to me she waits her turn and then starts babbling something, then she waits for the response while she continues eating (this usually happens in the kitchen) and then starts babbling again. When it is all said and done she seems satisfied with her conversation. Last night I was watching American Idol with her and I started singing with the girl. She immediately focused in on me staring at my lips, then she looked at the TV like she just realized something, then back at me, then back at the TV, then she started singing herself. It was the cutest thing ever. I love it when I get to actually witness when the light goes on in her little head and she learns something new like that. We love her so much and are so happy she came to this family. She truly is a blessing in our lives. Here are her stats, measured by Dr. me. We decided to go to St. George and missed her 9 month check up. So I got out the scale and measuring tape and did the best I could. She weighs 18 lbs, well the scale hoovered at 18 for a couple seconds so we'll go with that and she is 27 inches long. She is growing like a weed. Or rather a beautiful flower!

0 comments: