Tyler took the kids downtown to see the lights with some of his family. I stayed home because I wasn't feeling well. Hadley was sad because she said I needed to be in the family pictures. She knows I always take pictures! They had a great time. They always love seeing Christmas lights.
Then the big day finally came! On Christmas Eve morning Hadley was being kind of naughty. I told her that probably wasn't a good idea so close to Christmas. So a little bit later she brought me a piece of paper and told me she drew a special picture and asked me to write "I have been good" in the middle of it. I asked her if it was for Santa and of course she said yes. It was really cute. You could tell she was really concerned about being put on the naughty list. Then Christmas morning while the girls were opening presents, Hadley said, "see you guys, you thought I was naughty and I wasn't Santa brought me everything I wanted!" She can be so cute sometimes! Okay I'm getting a little ahead of myself. So Christmas Eve we went to Amie's for a yummy dinner. We didn't get home until after 10:00. Hadley was so anxious to get to bed so Santa could come. First we had to put the reindeer food outside, then we had to leave cookies and pictures for Santa, then brush our teeth and say our prayers. They were excited to do all of that but Hadley kept saying "we have to hurry so we're not late for Santa" When we finally got her to bed she said "I sure hope Taylor is in bed sleeping so Santa can bring her presents!" She was asleep in half a second! She is so sweet to be concerned about other people. On the way home from dinner she said " you know guys I was thinking, Santa is so nice to bring everyone presents, we should be nice and leave Santa a present too" What a sweetheart! I told her all Santa really wants are the cookies and pictures. I know I'm only talking about Hadley but she had the most to say. Lexi really didn't have a clue what was going on until the next morning. When I went to get Lexi out of her bed she was yelling " I saw Santa!" which is kind of funny considering she was afraid of Santa. When Hadley heard her say that she said " well I did hear some elves last night" Because when I went to get Hadley out of bed she was just laying there awake. I asked her why she was just laying there on Christmas morning and she said she didn't know it was morning time and she didn't think that Santa came because she didn't hear any bells. They had so much fun Christmas morning, it was great to watch. Hadley said we did a great job surprising her because we got just what she wanted. Lexi was really into opening presents this year. She kept saying " I want another one!" she didn't really care what was inside.
Then finally for New Years Eve we went back to Amies's house and hung out with Tyler's family. We all actually made it until midnight, which we did not expect at all. Hadley crashed on the couch right after everyone yelled Happy New Year and Lexi ran around the house yelling Happy New Year in her cute little voice. It was a fun night. I am so thankful for the wonderful 2009 that we had. We are so blessed and are looking forward to 2010!
Mom and Dad and their Girls!
Thursday, December 31, 2009
Christmas and New Years
Posted by Tyler and Kortni at 8:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
Cute Christmas Pictures! Hadley has a million dollar grin with her present she wanted. Isn't it fun?
SO cute! I love all the pictures. Glad you guys had great holidays!
Post a Comment