I took Hadley to Disney On Ice, leaving Lexi behind with dad. I didn't think she would sit for that long and a little quality time one on one with the kids is nice. Except I went with my mom and my sisters so it wasn't exactly one on one, but Tyler took Lexi to Discovery Gateway just the two of them. Hadley was so funny! When the show started she sat back in her chair kind of hiding, then she ended up on my lap burying her head in my jacket. I asked her what was wrong and she said she was scared for when the Beast comes because she did not want him to get her. I told her it was just a costume and she kind of laughed at herself and said " for real mom, it's just a costume, for real? Oh I can sit by myself then." She kept asking questions the whole time...kids are so perceptive! She asked me how the Beast was just a costume because the princesses were real. I told her it was because the Beast turns into a prince at the end of the movie so they just made a costume for the show. She seemed okay with that answer but every scene she was asking me what was real. She even asked me if the 7 dwarfs were real. I was having a hard time, afraid that I wouldn't be able to keep up with all the lies but I told her they were real too. I didn't want to deal with the princess question, She would be devastated if she knew they were not real. Then when Beauty and the Beast did come out she asked me if Gaston was real. I said "yes, he's real, he was a man to begin with, not like the beast who turned into a man." She said, " I was hoping you wouldn't say he was real because he's mean and he scares me!" So I said, "oh he's not real" she said "oh mom you were just tricking me, it's just a costume!" It was quite the conversation that went on the whole show, I was laughing to myself the whole time. But I am having a hard time with the whole pretending thing. Where do you draw the line? Are they going to be really upset when they find out the truth? I have the same issue with Santa. I stared really getting the questions last year. I felt like I needed to write down what I was telling her so I could keep my story straight! I wish she could just accept being a kid and just believe that everything is magical, no questions asked.
Hadley also had her primary program this past Sunday. I love watching all the kids get up there. She was so excited for it! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa Carlson and Grandma Kunz for coming to watch her. You really made her day, she felt so special!
As my girls are fighting in the back ground right now, it seems crazy that I'm about to write how much I love them and could not live without them. Not that I don't love them when they fight, but you know how it is. They are both just getting so big and they are changing every day. their little minds just absorb so much and they are always doing new things. I love to have conversations with them. The stories they tell are so cute. It's so sad to watch the time go by so fast. I hope they know how much I love them and what a blessing they are in our family. This morning they were watching TV and they were talking about what they were thankful for. So Hadley started telling me all the things she was thankful for, pumpkin pie, friends, me, daddy, and Lexi, Grandma's and Grandpa's. Then Lexi spoke up and said " I'm thankful for dance!" in her cute little voice. I just love these girls to pieces and I want them to know that I am thankful for them! Here are some random pictures...
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Disney On Ice and other random things
Posted by Tyler and Kortni at 1:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







3 comments:
I am such a bad mom. I told Aly a couple of years ago that the princesses aren't real. She was really sad. I don't even know why I said it. Mark thought I was awful. Good job keeping the magic there for her.
Your girls are so cute! It's so hard to keep the story straight.
Such beautiful girls! It's so fun to see pictures!
Post a Comment