We finally went on a family vacation other than to the cabin! It was a blast! Prepare yourselves there are tons of pictures. We rented a house in Carlsbad with Tyler's parents, his brother TJ and his family, and his sister Hailee and her family. It was such a nice place, I really should say mansion. It was actually a small house compared to some in the neighborhood but it was huge. It had a really nice swimming pool and hot tub and even a fire pit. The hot tub was the best part, after the kids went to bed it was time to relax. We got there on Saturday and we just kind of hung out for the weekend swimming. Then Monday we went to Sea World. I had never been there. It was so fun, the best part of course was Shamu. That was amazing. It looks so fake, I can't believe something so big can jump out of the water like that and be trained! It was so cool to see the trainers swimming with them. That was Hadley's favorite part too. Tuesday was our relax day, we didn't want to push it too much with the kids. Tyler and I went to the temple with his parents. What a beautiful temple! I think it is my favorite so far. I love how it is just right off the freeway, you turn the corner and you can't miss it. Speaking of temples, I forgot to give a shout out to my wonderful husband and thank him for an amazing 7 years! We just celebrated our anniversary on August 30th. We just went to dinner and a movie, we didn't want to spend too much money since we were going to San Diego. I love you Tyler, you are the best husband ever!
Then Wednesday was our big Disneyland day! I loved it, we had so much fun, I was so excited for it I felt like a little kid. Hadley loved every minute of it. She was so excited to see the princesses and Tinker Bell. The only thing she was not a fan of was Splash Mountain. She has told everyone how scary it was. Lexi didn't really love every minute, just some of them. She was afraid of all the rides that took you in the dark and had loud noises...so most of them. But she loved It's a Small World, Dumbo, and of course the tea cups! We had to go on It's a Small World twice, all of the kids loved it they were in awe the whole time. We didn't even have to wait to get back on. The longest we had to wait in line for anything was about 25 minutes and that was for Matterhorn and Splash Mountain. It was so fun to be there with the kids and see them get so excited about everything. Hadley said her favorite part was buying her prize! After all that....I could have done that at Walmart! But she said she loved the princesses too and the rides. Kids are so funny. Hadley was way excited because we got to see Belle, that was the one princess she would have been devastated if she didn't get to see. It was so much fun, I want to go again tomorrow!
Then Thursday the rest of the group went to the temple and we just hung out at the house again, the kids were really tired from Disneyland. Friday, we went to the beach. Hadley loved "surfing" as she calls it. She loved riding on the boogie board. I thought she would be scared but she could have done it all day. Lexi was really unsure about the whole thing but eventually she went in far enough to let the water touch her feet. Then we went back to Sea World to catch Shamu's last show. Lexi slept through it the first time and Hadley and I really wanted to see it again. We left on Saturday. It went by so fast. I loved waking up each morning while we were there knowing we were on vacation and we were just there to play. I am so thankful we had the opportunity to go.
Friday, September 25, 2009
San Diego Trip
Posted by Tyler and Kortni at 8:37 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comments:
How FUN! Looks like you guys had a blast. What a great way to end the summer!
Post a Comment