Friday, June 12, 2009

More Cute Things Kids Say

When we were driving home from the cabin after Memorial weekend, Hadley started getting whiny toward the end and was crying very loudly about something. Tyler and I were telling her to be quiet and not to scream so loud when Lexi looked at her with her Binky in her mouth and said "shut up." Tyler and I just looked at each other wondering if we heard her right and sure enough when Hadley didn't stop she leaned over to try and get in her face and said"shut up!" We were laughing so hard we couldn't even tell her not to say it. It was really funny and really cute despite the rude thing she was saying. I'm almost just glad I finally have funny stories to tell about what she says!

Then there's my Hadley...the other day I was rearranging things on my entertainment center and I kept backing up to see it better and tripped backwards over the ottoman and totally fell flat on my butt! I look over and there's Hadley sitting on the floor looking at me laughing. She said "did you just trip? Who does that?" Then later I was telling Tyler the story and she pipes in and says "yeah and I was like, are you serious?"

And yesterday morning when I was still in bed trying to ignore my kids, Hadley said to me "mom you know what makes you so special, you're a good friend" What a sweetheart, it made my whole day.

1 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

HIlarious! When I saw sweet, innocent little Lexi at church yesterday, I sure had a hard time believing anything like that could come out of her little mouth, but if it did, I'm sure I would have found it impossible not to laugh as well! So funny!