Monday, March 28, 2011

Are these kids really mine?

Seriously, do I really have 3 kids? I had a moment the other day in the middle of my day to day routine during lunch. I really cannot believe that these 3 beautiful little girls call me mom. Okay, so Brae doesn't exactly call me mom but she sure knows who I am! When I am taking care of my little baby Brae, I feel like I am taking care of my little baby Hadley, my first baby. But then in the back ground I hear this kindergartner and preschooler calling me mom and fighting for my attention. Am I really the one in charge? Am I really the one who gets to decide if they can have candy before bed? Am I the one who they think has all the answers?....boy are they seriously miss lead! Okay, so yeah I am a mom, but to 3 kids! That is kind of a lot. I do not feel old enough for this. Am I ready to be a mom? Well, ready or not, I have been doing it for over 5 1/2 years now so I better get ready. Better late than never. I know I am crazy, but this kind of stuff really goes on in my head....scary, I know. Maybe I shouldn't be raising children. But regardless of if I should be or not, I am and I am so thankful for that. Let's hope I don't screw them up too badly. I LOVE these girls more than anything in the world! Here is what has been going on lately............ We just found out this week that Hadley got accepted in to the Chinese Immersion program starting in 1st grade. Which means she will learn 1/2 the day in English and 1/2 the day in Chinese until 6th grade. We are so excited for this opportunity and so is Hadley. She is the one who gave us the final say on putting in for it. She watches Ni Hao Kai-lan very intently now and repeats everything they say. She is such a smart little girl. I cannot believe how quickly she is learning. Once the light turns on in their heads it is amazing all the information they can remember. She reads EVERYTHING. Every time we are in the car she is always sounding things out or asking me what something spells. It drives me crazy sometimes, but I love that she is so eager to learn. She is such a sweetheart. She loves taking care of her sisters. Her and Lexi really are best friends. They play so cute together, I love watching them play house. Brae gets to play too sometimes and she thinks she is so big. Lexi wrote her name by herself for the first time a couple weeks ago. She was just beaming as she was getting in the car when her teacher was telling me. It was so cute to see how proud she was. She is very eager to learn too. She even thinks she can read sometimes. She goes through books and sounds out letters all the time...they are not the right sounds, but at least she tries. She is so freaking cute! I cannot remember if I wrote about this or not but a couple months ago while Hadley was in school, Lexi was coloring some picture that they got from a restaurant. She started laughing and said "Hadley's going to be so mad that I am coloring her picture" then she continued coloring. She is quite the mischievous little girl. You can see it all over her cute little face. I am afraid we are in for it with this one. The other day she said "mom, I am sorry if I look like an attitude" I am not sure where that came from but she sure is little miss attitude! Then there's my sweet little Brae. Every day is a new milestone for her. She is such a little sweetheart. She gives the best kisses ever! She loves to play with her sisters and be a part of all the action. She wants to crawl really bad but does not have the patience to learn. She is just getting over a cold. It was the saddest thing ever, she was just miserable and hadn't slept for days but she would still look up at me and smile with her sad little eyes. Oh, I just love her. Her new thing is dancing. She likes to move it move it! When she hears any sort of music she starts shakin' it. Tonight I was singing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star to her and she started dancing. She was like a doll in the store when you press their hand or something. It is so cute!

1 comments:

RyanandHailee said...

HOly MOly I am so..... with you lately! My goodness seriously I can't even believe it sometimes! I love it though it is just so scary! Ha. Love those little girls I could kiss them all!